Since 1952, a PGA Tour golf tournament has been played in the Hartford area. Originally called the “Insurance City Open” and later the “Greater Hartford Open,” the event is now known as the Travelers Championship.
Lime Rock Park is a motorsport track home of American Le Mans Series, Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series and NASCAR Camping World East Series races.
The Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament is held annually at the Connecticut Tennis Center at Yale University.
- From 1996 to 1998, the American Basketball League had a franchise in Hartford, the New England Blizzard.
- Connecticut is a battleground between fans of the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, and New York Mets.
- In 1876, Hartford had a franchise in baseball’s National League known as the Hartford Dark Blues.
- In 1926, Hartford had a franchise in the National Football League known as the Hartford Blues.
- From 1975 to 1995, the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association played a number of home games at the Hartford Civic Center.
Area Sports Links