Danbury is a city in Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States. It has an estimated population (as of July 1, 2005) of 78,736. Danbury is the fourth largest city in Fairfield County and is the seventh largest city in Connecticut.
The city was named for the place of origin of many of the early settlers, Danbury, Essex in England. The city has been nicknamed Hat City, because it used to be a center of the hat industry, at one point producing 25% of America’s hats.
Danbury is home to Danbury Hospital, northeast of downtown, and Danbury High School, off Route 39.
- City Center Danbury
- City of Danbury Intranet E-Mail
- Connecticut Conference of Municipalities
- Danbury Hospital
- Danbury SeniorNet Learning Center
- Danbury Youth Services
- Henry Abbott technical High School
- Immaculate High School
- Public Access Information Inquiry
- Tarrywile Park
- Vision Appraisal
- Richter Association for the Arts
- Danbury Land Trust
- Danbury Ordinances
- Danbury Public Library
- Danbury Public Schools
- Hat City Cyclists
- Health Department
- Housatonic Valley Council of Elected Officials
- Housatonic Valley Economic Development Partnership
- Greater Danbury Chamber of Commerce